These chicken fingers are so, so good. They are super crunchy and delicious. Perfect for dipping in honey mustard (or your favorite dipping sauce). You just can't go wrong with this recipe.
Panko Crusted Chicken Fingers
What you need:
For the chicken fingers
1 1/2 - 2 lb. chicken breast, dried with paper towels and cut into strips approximately 1/2 inch thick
salt, pepper & garlic powder
1 c. flour
3 c. panko bread crumbs
1 c. plus 1 T. canola oil
3 T. honey
4 T. yellow mustard
What you do:
1. Heat oven to 200 degrees (For keeping the chicken warm).
2. In 2 pie plates, spread the flour in one and the bread crumbs in the other. In a medium bowl beat together the eggs and 1 T. oil. Season chicken with salt, pepper & garlic powder (or any seasoning you like).
3. Drop the chicken, a few pieces at a time into the flour to coat. Then, shaking off the excess flour, drop into the eggs. Using tongs, transfer the chicken to the breadcrumbs (letting excess egg drip back into the bowl). Coat with the breadcrumbs, pressing on each piece of chicken to be sure the breadcrumbs adhere well. Transfer to a baking sheet fitted with a wire rack. Repeat with remaining chicken pieces.
4. Meanwhile heat the remaining oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until oil is shimmering (but not smoking).
5. Prepare a second baking sheet by lining it with a couple layers of paper towel.
6. When the oil is ready, fry the chicken in batches until golden brown, about 2 min per side. Drain on the paper towel lined baking sheet and keep the chicken warm in the oven while the rest cooks.
7. Mix the honey and mustard together for a tasty dipping sauce.
Recipe Source: Apapted from The Quick Recipe