Blogroll

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Scrambled Eggs with Cream Cheese and Chives

This morning I was craving some more of that Frittata with Ham, Cream Cheese and Chives I made over the weekend. But alas, it was all gone. I did however have all the fixins to reproduce the flavors so I decided to make a scramble.

 Can you keep a secret? I liked this ridiculously simple scrambled egg dish better than it's fussier cousin that made it's appearance over the weekend.

If you have never had eggs scrambled with cream cheese, you need to ASAP! I have never had such lovely, creamy and delicious scrambled eggs. The chives were a dream and I made up a quick cherry tomato salad to freshen things up a bit.

I'm telling you..... Breakfast heaven!



Scrambled Eggs with Cream Cheese and Chives
~makes 1 serving~

Ingredients:
1 whole eggs plus 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
salt and pepper
2 tablespoons lowfat cream cheese separated into smallish chunks (1/2 - 3/4 inch)
2 t. fresh minced chives
1 1/2 t.unsalted butter

Instructions:
Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Season eggs lightly with salt and pepper. Add in the cream cheese and gently stir. Add the eggs to the skillet and using a heat-proof spatula stir the eggs, adding the chives just as the eggs begin to set up. Scramble to desired doneness.

*To make the tomato salad: Cut about 1/2 c. cherry tomatoes in half. In a small bowl add cherry tomatoes, a pinch of sugar, a couple drops of red wine vinegar, a tiny drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil and a light sprinkle  of salt and pepper. Set this aside to blend the flavors while preparing the eggs. (I also added a sprinkle of  fresh chives.)



No comments:

Post a Comment